Join the Louisiana Bucket Brigade for our First Annual Dance-A-Thon!
WHAT: People from all over New Orleans and beyond will embark on an epic dance marathon as they “Stomp Out the Stink” to raise money for clean air and healthy communities. Twelve hours, with dance lessons (swing, hip-hop, Cajun-Zydeco, salsa, second-line and more!), games, guest appearance by local celebrity Funky Fresh Air, live music from the Stooges and more!
WHEN: August 25th from 2pm to 2am, at Café’ Istanbul (Located in the Healing Center at 2372 St Claude Ave)
WHO: High-energy individuals who are up for some great music and dancing!
We are looking for volunteers to help out for the following shifts:
Shift 1: 12pm-4pm
Shift 2: 4pm-8pm
Shift 3: 8pm-12am
Shift 4: 12am-3am
Volunteers will assist with set-up, sign-in, monitor the coat check and buffet area, and help with breakdown.
Volunteers will have access to our delicious Dance-A-Thon buffet along with all the great music and dance lessons while not on shift!!! Don’t miss out and contact us today!
The Louisiana Bucket Brigade (LABB) is a non-profit environmental health & justice organization supporting communities’ use of grassroots action to become informed, sustainable neighbors free from industrial pollution.
Wanna compete instead? Sign up as a team, couple or individual, win prizes, dance, dance, dance!!
- Free dance classes every hour: Hip-hop, Swing, Salsa, Second line, Brazilian, Cajun-Zydeco, Belly dancing, our special LABB Oil Rig Jig and more
- Free great food by local restaurants
- Rockin’ live music with the Stooges Brass Band and local DJs
- Special guest appearance by local celebrity Funky Fresh Air
- Fantastic prizes given out during the event for best dancing, best costumes and most fundraising
How does it work? Collect pledges from your friends, family and fans. it’s simple…ask four people to pledge $1/hour…you more than meet the $45 minimum…you’re in!
To SIGN UP NOW click here: REGISTER